Especially designed by DJ Lora, these exciting new courses have been created to tailor to the needs of complete beginners or for people looking to take their existing DJ skills to the next level.
Classes take place at exclusive private member’s club The Wellington, where you will hone your newly acquired skills in a real club environment. You will learn on a DJ set-up created by the infamous Pete Tong, using the very latest industry standard equipment. Whether you prefer to use vinyl, CDs or MP3’s, you will receive practical hands on tuition from DJ Lora, who from day one will teach you all the basic skills needed to professionally mix and DJ in clubs and bars.
Having successfully learnt to mix up a storm, you have the exclusive opportunity to spin alongside other DJ’s and be judged by some of the industries biggest names, with the opportunity to be crowned ‘DJ of the Month’ at The Wellington Club and win some fabulous prizes
This course will definitely provide you with a taste of how it feels to be a real DJ – please see below just a selection of some of the skills covered throughout the course:
- Music selection and understanding a crowd
- Equipment basics
- Cueing: How to Perfect your Cueing Skills
- Beatmixing Vinyl and/or CD: How to Beatmix in a professional environment
- Vinyl and CD control: Professional Control of Vinyl & CD
- Drop mixing: How to perform your first basic Mix.
- Headphone Mixing: How to mix professionally with Headphones.
- Controlling the booth. How to use Booth Monitoring
- EQ Mixing: How to use EQ to enhance the smoothness of your mixes.
- Track selection: Tip’s and Tricks on how to select the right music.
- Pitch control: How to effectively control the pitch.
- Record and burn a 15min mix on CD
- Prepare a short video to watch yourself DJ
Why waste time spending hours, days or weeks in a frustrating attempt to understand DJ techniques, such as beat mixing and scratching, when this very personal, comprehensive and intuitive course will expertly equip you with all you need to know.
For more information on bookings and prices, please email email@example.com.
Half day to 2 day courses are available, prices from £500